Sunday, September 03, 2006

Some ponderings

It seems that there is so much going on right now that I don't even want to start a blog about it all - figuring out classes, do I want a PhD, am I going to take the quals in any case, orientation and me being the Aero/Astro chair of that, researching for and writing a conference paper, etc, etc. But since I'm going to church in a few minutes, I will instead ponder a few questions for myself which no one else will probably get.

Sometimes I don't understand me. Do I just like shopping? Do I not want to invest? Is just just for fun? Is there something missing that I'm trying to fill? I am confused ... or am I?

2 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most of those questions seem to be ones only you can answer, but if you ever want to talk, you know my number :)

 
At 3:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although banking is not my profession, investing young is preferable to investing at an older age. Regardless of the risk to your personal wealth, the impact of a great loss is far greater at an older age (kids, spouse, more bills) than at your/our current age (apartment rent, gas, etc.).

In other words, better to test the waters now than screw up later.

I'd recommend "Investing for Dummies" at your local library.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home