Saturday, August 27, 2005

Boston!

After a long break from blogging, I'm finally moved into my apartment in Boston and have been exploring the city for the last week. My parents and I got to the city Tuesday AM (after staying over with my grandparents near West Point on Monday), and after a crash course (too close to literal) in driving in Boston, we made it to my apartment building in Cambridge. While it's not ULC and I miss 207, the apartment and my roommates are great. We have a 3 bedroom apartment with a kitchen and living room and 1.5 baths. Here are some shots of my room:





It was unfurnished, so we brought IKEA furniture up, and I really like it. One of my favorite parts is that I actually have room for a double bed, so it doesn't feel quite like a dorm anymore. My parents were amazing this week (like always, of course), and stayed through Saturday morning to help me with the move and getting settled. I have a lot to learn from them about giving time and energy so lovingly and willingly.

While my parents were here, we checked out the Quincy Market area and the North End (the Italian sector). It just happened that there was an Italian Fesitval in the North End, so it was entertaining to be a part of the spirit of the area, not to mention the great food, pastries, and gelato.



We also took a walk through MIT and took the obligatory pictures at the MIT dome.



In other events since I had nothing better to do other than update my blog, I went bikeriding along the Charles River (which is about a block from my apartment), then Lucy and I hit up the free Jesse McCartney (who is actually pretty talented) concert, and we were by far the oldest people there other than parents. But, hey, it was free and fun. Then today we went to the Cambridge International Carnival and saw the crazy parade along with the numerous clothing, art, jewelry, and food vendors. I'll get some pictures up of that later.



So far I really like Boston. The weather has been gorgeous (I know that story will change), the people are a little quirky and rough but still helpful and interesting, the apartment and location are great, and there is just so much to do. Here's to a great 5 (or so) years!

1 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger Katie said...

I have those same IKEA mirrors! :) Hope your orientation goes well today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home