Sunday, March 27, 2005

Spring Break

Two contradictory terms for this spring break: lame and drama. You might wonder how they can fit together to create an awesome spring break, and if you are wondering, just keep reading.
I flew from Boston to Orlando, where Brian and Melissa graciously picked me up from the airport on the way back from visiting Brian's brother. When we got to the house, many of the guys were already drunk, so we wasted no time in joining them. Soon, the get-to-know-you game of Never Have I Ever got underway, and we learned a lot about each other very quickly. And not 3 hours after we had arrived, I was back on the roller coaster with David. Go figure. Highlights of the evening were Jeff falling backwards in his chair from shear drunkenness, dirty stories from just about everyone, and roommate lovin' in the hot tub. I think it was probably the best night there because everyone was just so happy to be there, and we were all in the mood to drink.

The next few days consisted of laying around the pool, hitting up the beach some, rollerblading, drinking, etc.

The house was a perfect size for all 13 of us; the backyard was huge; the location was decent although it would have been nice to be a little closer to Daytona, but I can't complain. Everyone got along really well even though it was a somewhat random group of people. And when people were lame, we let them know...with shaving cream...

Tuesday we went to Kennedy Space Center and got our nerd on. Despite the cost and lines, it was awesome to be able to see everything I've been studying all these years, especially this year in space design. I know the non-AEs might not have been overly excited like me, but it was damn impressive to see how complicated the mission operations really are. There was an exhibit for the Apollo/Saturn V missions, and it's always amazing to me to see the advanced work they did back in the 60s and 70s.


Thursday, I had a rough night because I wasn't feeling well, I was stressed about the work I have coming up, I didn't know what to feel about certain boys on the trip, and I was sad about graduation and leaving this place and my friends. I've become really close to so many people here, especially my roommates, and it's scary to think about not living with them anymore. I try to remember we'll keep in touch and visit, so that we can have lots more pictures like this (even though this isn't all of us):


At other points during the week, we played mini-golf, went out to eat, some people saw a Braves pre-season game, some went to Clearwater for an adventure, and Emily and I went outlet shopping. During this trip, we sang Marc Broussard, Dirty Dancing, and Gavin DeGraw like a bunch of teenage girls, and Emily pointed out this nearly fitting song (I took out most of the parts that didn't really fit):

I don't want to get too close
You see this isn't where my head is
If you knew me I'm not like this
But I just found someone special
And that's really something special
If you knew me
Nice to meet you anyway
I believe you're very fine
Still I haven't got the time
I don't mean to be so strange
But my life just took a change
So before this goes too far
Let me tell you what you are
You're amazing, I'm attracted
But I'm terribly distracted
And I'm trying to be verbal
And I'm back into this circle
Nice to meet you anyway

Back to the two themes for this trip (lame and drama), I realize now I can't really publicly post much about either. One lame thing was the weather, about every other day. And I've given hints to some of the drama, and the rest doesn't include me, so start asking around... But I can say that David's prediction "haha, it looks to me like everyone's a little horny. I'm locking my door at night" came true. To end this post, here is my favorite compromising picture of the trip.



Feel free to comment with your own caption. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home