Tuesday, March 29, 2005

A continued tribute to Sam

I couldn't remember my dad's nickname for Sam, so I sent him an e-mail a few days ago asking. Here is his loving response. (With additions from me so you can understand our inside jokes.)

The Nikname (My brother spells him name "Nik") was "SFB" ... shit for brains.
Derivation: because of some of the stupid things he would do.
Like: His feeding time was 10 pm every night in the kitchen, which is on the floor above the family room. SFB would sit and look at my dad from about 9:07 PM until 10 at which time my dad would feed him. But every night, he would fall for a fake "go upstairs" for the nine hundred and umpteenth time, even if he had just eaten.
Like: Taking a nap in the well worn pathway across a room and not even looking up when someone walks towards him (like carrying a laundry basket).
Like: Living near a vacuum cleaner for 15 years but still get scared, even if he heard the noise downstairs.
Like: Standing behind the person washing dishes, so close that we would trip over him when stepping backward ....etc., etc...
(And my favorite line:)
Although ugly if taken out of context, it really meant, Kat, you are a cute little shit!!

Love,
Dad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home