Monday, July 20, 2009

Did I just admit to that?

We didn't want to say the truth the first time someone asked us. Someone would ask, and I would stare at him, and he at me, trying to discuss without words, but failing because we still didn't know each other that well. And they asked again: "How did you two meet?" And finally I gave in, hoping he wouldn't mind. "We met online," I said. The look we got in return wasn't nearly as close to you-are-desperate-and-crazy-and-unable-to-meet-anyone-without-the-internet as I thought it would be. That day, and in the times people have asked Juan Pablo and I since, people are actually interested in hearing more about online dating. And they don't think we're lame. At least they don't say that to my face... One person even made the comment to us that they were glad to see that normal people can find good relationships online! That made me happy. It's nice to not want to hide how we met, and I'm actually kind of proud to be a good example!

So people want to know what sites I used, and since I wasn't sure I wanted to commit money to online dating, I used plentyoffish.com and okcupid.com, which are free sites. I like okcupid's site more, but Juan Pablo and I met on plentyoffish, so I'm obviously partial to that. I had someone (thanks Hannah!) help me fix up my description so it didn't read like a textbook. And for the ladies, I would highly recommend looking for guys yourself and not waiting around till they contact you. You will get contacted, but you might not find the quality guys until you do some digging. Hence how I find JP.

And things are great. :)

3 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger Kim Hannemann said...

Shouldn't that be a winking ;-) emoticon at the end there?

And my Captcha word verification is "guitio" which I don't believe is a word. At least, not in the English dictionary.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Online dating is so in! I just went to my friend's wedding in San Antonio, she got married to someone she met on match . . . and they're both super hot, smart people. Best of luck to you!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger douda23imed said...

welcome to my blog injoy....
www.23-douda.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home